Feb 25 , 2020
It can be overwhelming and thrill when deciding on a wig because of various styles, brands that wigs come in. Understanding the basic of Synthetic Hair Wig and Human Hair Wig is key to choosing the proper wig for you. Let’s list some cons and pros between human hair wigs and synthetic hair wigs. Hope this can help you to make the best decision when looking out for a wig to switch up your look
Pros Of Human Hair Wigs
- Versatility– You can achieve different realistic look with different type of human hair wigs on. For example, you can pull the hair up for a bun or ponytails if you wearing a full lace wig or 360 lace frontal wig. It shows off the whole natural hai line. Also, They can be styled, permed and dyed is a proper way without hurting your own hair. But keep in mind that it is better to follow the professional guide by stylist to keep your human hair wigs away from destroyed.
- Texture– Most of Human Hair Wig vendors now provide all kinds of hair texture so that you can choose one that close to your own hair. HeyMyWig takes custom order, which means that you can ask a human hair wig that was made according to your natural hair texture. Or you can request the style you want, blunt cut bob wig or fancy color wigs etc..
- Life span– Human hair wigs can last at least a year or more if under proper care even you wear it everyday. Just remember the necessary of deep condition the wigs 2-3 times a week and do not over heated it.
- Natural look– Human hair wigs can be extremly naturalIf you master the skill of how to install a human hair lace wig. Remember that practice makes perfect. Don’t be frustrated if you failed for the first or second time. You will find the way to deal with it.
Cons of Human Hair Wigs
- Maintenance required– Human hair wigs requires higher maintenance to keep it nutritious or it will be frizzy, tangling and shedding. The great the hair, the higher maintenance it requires so that it can be last longer. Check our previous blog to learn how to take care of your human hair wig to extend its life span. （Click here to check out “ How to Take Care Of Human Hair Lace Wig”)
- Cost – Because it is made by real human hair, human hair are typically more expensive. But it is rather natural and long lasting.
- Reacts to weather – Human hair wigs can be frizzy, limp or dry like your own natural hair do in different whether.
Pros of Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Low maintenance – The styles of Synthetic hair wigs are permanent which means the texture will be bounce back even after washing and you don’t have to do anything on it to keep the style. And it only requires a wash after every 6-8 wears.
- Various choices – You can find different kinds of colors with synthetic wigs, from natural color to fancy trendy color while human hair wigs don’t!
- Cost – Synthetic hair wigs are cheaper than human hair wigs. It is a good choice for those who have limited budget.
Cons of Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Luster – Synthetic wigs have an extremely shiny look which makes it look unnatural.
- Lifespan – It does required to buy a new one after 3-5 month daily worn with your synthetic hair wig. It has shorter lifespan than human hair wig.
- Less versatile – Synthetic hair wig is not heat-friendly. It cannot be styled using heated styling tools or re-dyed to change the color it was as you can do on human hair wig.
- Texture – Texture can be changed for its permanent style. You have to purchase a new one if you want to rock different hair texture.
In short, it is better for you to figure out what’s the function that you want wearing a wig be. There are still other things that you need to take consideration before start your wig journey. Just check our previous blog ( What To Look For When Buying A Lace Wig Online For First Time) for more advice.
Couldn't get enough for contents like this? just click the titles that you are interested in below to read now ↓