Wigs, now are a great way to try different colors, styles and length in few minutes without doing any harm to your natural hair. You may heard of, or wearing Lace Frontal Wig and Full Lace Wig more often while are not familiar with 360 Lace Wig, which is one of the latest innovations on wig that making wigs looks more realistic than ever before.
What is a 360 Lace Wig?
As its name suggests, it has a perimeter of lace around the entire wig and the cap only showing in the middle top of the wig. It allows even more versatility than a lace frontal wig although it is slightly more expensive and heavier.
Pros & Cons of 360 Lace Wig
Advantages of 360 wigs
- 360 lace wigs allow even more natural than a lace frontal wig, especially when comparing to the look of the back.
- You can achieve more hairstyle with it.If you ever wished you could throw your wig into a sleek high ponytail, then it’s time you add a 360 wig to your shopping cart and make it happen.You can also style this hairpiece in different ways, such as updos, buns, etc. that a full lace wig do.
- In terms of cost, the 360 lace is more affordable than full lace wig, making it ideal, especially if you’re on a tight budgeton getting a full lace wig.
Disadvantage of a 360 wig
- The 360 lacewig is usually expensive when compared to lace front wigs.
- The 360 lacewig, unlike the lace front, you not only have to glue down the frontal lace but also the back of the lace, which can be a really tricky process especially if you’re a newbie or simply low on time.
How to Install 360 lace wig
There are so many 360 wig tutorials that in just a day of binge-watching, you can gain the tips, skill and necessary tools to confidently install a 360 wig without any help. Below are the typical steps to install a 360 lace wig
- Braid your hair
During a 360 frontal installation, the first step is to braid your natural hair by flattening it into a middle down braid. After you completed the braiding procedure, have your wig cap ready.
- Install your wig cap
Before installation, always ensure that your wig cap matches your skin tone. Next is taming your edges to have a natural look. You can use a powerful hold spray to secure the wig cap around the hairline region.
- Cut down the wig cap and sew it into sections.
While your wig cap is drying off, sew down small sections of it, secure it firmly, then follow your hairline shape and cut off any excessive wig cap material. Be extra careful when cutting around the ears.
- Conceal your wig cap
Apply a fresh, toned powder around the hairline region to ensure that the wig cap blends well with your skin and is undetectable to the naked eye.
- Cut the lace
Place the front section of your wig against your hairline, then carefully cut it while following your hairline’s natural shape. Avoid cutting the lace on the inside of your wig, as this part is usually used to sew down the wig and make it more secure. To ease this process, make small anchoring stitches that will hold the 360 wigs in position while cutting.
- Glue/Sew the lace down
The next step is sewing the lace wig across your entire hairline region, then use glue to secure your wig directly along the forehead hairline. Repeat the entire procedure around your entire hairline by gluing a small section at a time.
FAQ’s about 360 Wigs
Is the 360 Lace Frontal the right wig for me?
Yes if you want a wig that provides you with more versatile & natural-looking on a rather fair budget. It is always recommended to know the basics of wearing different types of wig and take hair density, time consuming and investment etc. Into consideration when deciding your go-to wig type
Is a 360 Frontal a Protective hairpiece?
Yes, when you follow the proper installation and removal procedure while not forgetting to have an effective hair maintenance routine. The 360 frontal can protect your natural hair and edges too.
How Many Bundles do i need if I decide to get traditional sew in with a 360 forntal piece?
Installation of the 360 frontal will save you time and money as you only need 2 to 3 bundles to have a natural look. However, perfecting the look requires you to have wefts that are identical to your natural hair.
If you need a little guidance on which 360 wigs to add to your collection, here are 3 of the best options you can shop from the comfort of your couch.