Wigs are slowly returning to their best era of popularity. It’s 2020, and all of us seem to appreciate the advantages of wearing a wig regularly. Black women especially have a particular fondness of wigs because of their natural hair.
The natural afro hair is beautiful, but the corporate sector and many areas of society still consider it to be a sign of unprofessionalism. Wigs not only help to protect the natural hair but also opens up doors to try out amazing new hairstyles which you couldn’t before. The ease of customization is one of the essential selling points of wigs.
The bob hairstyle has become increasingly popular among working-class women. And, more and more bob hairstyles have been created, such as Choppy Bob, Flippy Bob, Wispy Bob with Bangs, Pixie Bob and Blunt Cut Bob ( the most popular bob haircut among black girls during 2019 or even 2020, which can be achieved effortlessly by sewin or just simply get a Blunt Cut Bob With Lace Closure ). The clean-cut and sophisticated hairstyle screams professionalism. It also can be middle part, side part or free part. The middle partitioned bob has been featured by many celebrities as well. The bob hairstyle involves a simple central partition with a short length. Most women prefer to have a bob style up to the base of the neck. It gives you a sleek and natural look.
Why you should customize your wigs on your own
Wigs are a means of affordable hairstyling. The initial cost of the wig can be a setback to you, but from then on, you can easily style your hair at home. It helps to save you hundreds of bucks that you would spend on expensive hair salons. Many of these hair salon stylists also offer styling options for your wig, but it is better to do it yourself. Sure, styling your natural hair yourself can be a difficult task, but with a wig, the risks of doing so are minimalistic. It can be a growing experience and also help you style natural hair. You can easily acquire hair styling skills by working on natural human hair wigs that are placed on a mannequin head.
How to cut a bob wig
Styling your wigs has never been easier. These days it has become a lot more simple to work with wigs because of the natural human hair used on them. Our experts have set up this guide to help the readers learn the skill of cutting their wigs.
Thanks to the internet, people can find more and more useful tutorials via YouTube, Instagram or other social platforms. If it is difficult for you to learn the skill by letter, I hope the video below from Youtuber BeautyCutright can help you more.
- Scissors (both long and short)
- Hair straightener
- Mannequin/Bob head
- Water Dispenser spray
Follow the given guide to get your wig in an eloquent bob hairstyle -
Wig (Check out our last post "How to Make a Bob Wig Using Lace Closure & Bundles?" if you also want to make a wig by yourself )
- Using a mannequin head as your working station is an excellent idea while cutting wig hair. It is an easy way to mimic the human head.
Straightening the hair
- Using a comb, try to remove and frizzy ends and intertwined hair from your wig. This helps to ensure that your hair doesn’t get damaged while using the hot iron straightener.
- With the help of the straightener, straighten out the hair on your wig. It is crucial to divide the hair into different layers and then work on those individual layers until all of the hair is straightened out. This makes your job a lot easier.
Cutting the bob
- Using the Water dispenser, spray some water onto your natural human hair wig. Wet human hair is a lot easier to work with while cutting your hair.
- Get the hair between your index finger and the middle finger, then cut out the hair using your scissors. This helps you to get a straight clean cut at the ends. It is essential to cut your hair in sections.
- Start from the bottom of your hair and set your desired length for the bob hairstyle. Work your way from the bottom to the sides and then to the top.
- Casually run the smaller scissors through your hair to remove any frizzy hair.
- Wet the hair using the water dispenser spray.
- Now using a blow dryer and comb set your wig in the desired bob style. Many women like a partition from the middle, but it is entirely up to you.
- You can also curl the edges of your hair to get a more natural look.